Prospective 9th Grade Students
All prospective 9th grade students must complete a Lottery Form during the application period (January - February) to be eligible for admission. No other information will be requested until students are officially accepted. Prospective students will receive their lottery number at the time the Lottery Form is submitted.
A lottery may be conducted if the number of completed Lottery Forms received exceeds the number of openings available. Applicants not accepted at the time of the lottery will be placed on a wait-list according to their assigned placement in the lottery and admitted pending openings.
POLAHS admits transfer students based on availability each year through a lottery system. Students interested in transferring to POLAHS must complete a Lottery Form in order to enter the transfer student lottery for their specific grade level. The purpose of the transfer lottery is to make up the order of the wait-list, which we will then use to fill spots once available. For more information, contact the Admissions office at 310-832-9201 Ext. 213.
Transfer Lottery Application
Lottery application forms will be accepted throughout the school year and will be added to the wait list.
Important Dates and Deadlines - TBD
- Prospective Student Open House: January 25, 2017 from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Incoming Freshman Lottery Form Available: January 17, 2017
- Incoming Freshman Lottery Form Submission Deadline: February 17th, 2017 at 4:00 pm
- Incoming Freshmen Lottery: February 24, 2017
- Incoming Freshman Placement Test Dates: April 2017
- Acceptance Letters: Late February/Early March 2017
- Transfer Student Applications Available: March 14, 2017
- Transfer Student Application Deadline: May 12, 2017
- Transfer Student Lottery: May 19, 2017