Mission & Vision
To successfully educate all students by providing an innovative, college preparatory core academic curriculum with optional specializations in international business and maritime studies.
The school-wide vision of POLAHS is informed by the belief that as educated persons of the twenty-first century, our graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Understand and apply higher order thinking skills including critical thinking, creative thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and self-motivation in school in order to become responsible and contributing members of society as adults.
- Develop the skills necessary to work effectively alone and in cooperative settings.
- Cultivate a positive attitude toward becoming life-long learners.
- Use technology to access information, apply research skills, and solve problems in preparation for higher education and the world of work.
- Develop an in-depth understanding and appreciation of how other countries and cultures work in order to become better citizens of the world.
- Be aware of major events worldwide and the implications of geography in order to understand the complexities of a global society and the impact of commerce on the environment and communities around the globe.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of, and the desire for, physical fitness, healthy living, and mental well-being.