Port of Los Angeles High School College Counseling Staff and Boys and Girls Club
Jean McGlaughlin is POLAHS college counselor. Jean is focused on helping students prepare for and matriculate into two and four-year colleges and universities. She works closely with the three academic counselors and career counselor at POLAHS, POLAHS's Special Education department, along with the staff at the Harbor Boys and Girls Club, to ensure all students are supported throughout their college planning and transition process. As our college counselor, she provides a broad range of services for all students, including:
- Individual advising on college entrance requirements, including a-g course requirements
- PSAT/ NMSQT, SAT, SAT Subject Tests, and ACT test information.
- Workshops and individual support to help students complete college and financial aid applications (FAFSA / DREAM).
- Private appointments for students and families upon request.
Port of Los Angeles High School
Boys and Girls Club of Harbor
College Bound Lead Case Manager
- Due November 15th
- $1,000 - $12,500 per year for 4 years
- Merit based (leadership / involvement, grades, test scores)
- Due December 5th
- Based on community service
- Due December 7th
- Due December 14th
- $2,000 - $10,000
- Due December 14th
- $10,000 for 4 years
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, live in the Southern California Edison Service area, have financial need, and plan to study one of the following majors: computer and information services, engineering, engineering technology, management information systems, mathematics, natural resources and conservation, or physical sciences
- Due December 30th
- Minimum 2.4 GPA and volunteer / community service
- Due December 31st
- Essay based: "Imagine a historical figure is brought back to life. Who is it? What's their favorite mobile app?" (250 words or less)
- Due January 5th
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, financial need, community service and leadership
- Enroll in a 4-year university
- Due January 10th
- $2,500 - $15,000
- Minimum 2.7 GPA, be of Asian and / or Pacific Islander ethnicity, submitted FAFSA application
POLAHS has partnered with Parchment in order to help you order and send your transcripts securely and electronically. Through Parchment you may order an unlimited amount of electronic transcripts, and you may track your order to ensure that it has been received by the institution you request.
If you are interested in ordering an unofficial transcript for your personal record, or if you are interested in ordering an official transcript to be sent to a college or university, please complete your request by clicking the the following link which will take you to the Parchment site. Click Here To Order Transcripts From Parchment