Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
Board of Trustees Agenda - January 16, 2019
Congratulations to the two POLAHS students who graduated from the City of LA's CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) class last week!
National Teen Driver Safety Week occurs annually during the third week of October. Young drivers need to be reminded about car maintenance and the potential dangers of driving.
For three weeks in August, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe opens the doors, streets and alleyways of the entire city of Scotland, to an explosion of creative energy from around the globe.
Through the Johnson & Wales Culinary Arts and Baking "Career Exploration Program," four eager POLAHS students jumped into a world of mincing, dicing, frying, and sautéing.
POLAHS alumnus Eric Walker (’18) experienced life as a National Geographic photographer in Japan this summer, thanks to a full-tuition scholarship he received from a private donor!
POLAHS by the Numbers
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- 84 Faculty and Staff Members:Experienced and caring staff, and small class sizes!
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!