Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
POLAHS students experienced an incredible nine day theatre tour of London, accompanied by instructors Ms. Bradac and Ms. Cardenstern.
Two POLAHS seniors, Damaris and Nohemi Morales, received the honor of participating in the University of St. Andrews Scottish Studies Summer Program.
POLAHS senior, Christine Messner, was selected by her History teachers to participate in the Normandy Academy – an immersive study abroad program that was funded by a private donor.
On behalf of the POLAHS community, congratulations to Camilla and Sandy!
Port of Los Angeles High School's 9th annual Graduation Commencement Ceremony was held on Monday, June 12th, at the Walter Pyramid in Long Beach. The graduating class celebrated with nearly 3,000 friends and family members, as well as the POLAHS Board, faculty, and staff.
Ms. Gant & Mr. Miseroy were voted 2016-2017 Teachers of the Year by the POLAHS faculty. Congratulations to two outstanding educators!
POLAHS by the Numbers
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- 84 Faculty and Staff Members:Experienced and caring staff, and small class sizes!
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!