Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
For their SEVEN YEAR partnership with our school!
Gustavo A. Martinez (POLAHS ’15) is a student at CSU Los Angeles, majoring in Japanese with a minor in Art.
Joan Schueller, a 10th grader at POLAHS, was recently selected as a Girl Scout of Greater Los Angeles (GSGLA) Emerging Leader.
Through a buddy system, Jubilee Sailing Trust (JST) fulfills its mission by taking both disabled and able-bodied men and women to sea.
POLAHS students experienced an incredible nine day theatre tour of London, accompanied by instructors Ms. Bradac and Ms. Cardenstern.
Two POLAHS seniors, Damaris and Nohemi Morales, received the honor of participating in the University of St. Andrews Scottish Studies Summer Program.
POLAHS by the Numbers
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- 84 Faculty and Staff Members:Experienced and caring staff, and small class sizes!
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!