Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
Time: 2:20 PM – 2:50 PM
Location: MPR Reserved for Signing Ceremony from 1:45 pm to 3:00 pm
Time: 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Location: Top of the Market San Pedro Fish Market Ports O' Call Village 1190 Nagoya Way San Pedro, CA 90731
CTE Advisory Committee Agenda - May 23, 2019
We write to escape reality. To gain joy. We write for fun. To free ourselves. We write because we are made to. ~ Mrs. Clark’s Creative Writing Class 2019
Each year, 10-15 students receive full-tuition scholarships for trips to France; Australia; New Zealand; Scotland; Japan; New Orleans; and Colorado. **Click link above to learn about trip opportunities!**
POLAHS is the proud recipient of a $25,000 Lifetime Fitness grant, awarded by the Kenneth T. and Eileen L. Norris Foundation!
Port of Los Angeles High School (POLAHS) was recently awarded a highly competitive California Coastal Commission “WHALE TAIL” grant, selected for its Sustainable Aquaculture program, alongside 23 organizations throughout the state.
Regina Rojas graduated from #POLAHS in 2010. She was a part of the Sailing team at Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club, and excelled in Logistics classes with Mr. DeSanto. “I was fascinated with the complexity and the problem-solving capabilities I would need to succeed in the maritime industry,” she says.
Facts & Figures
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- POLAHS LCAPView the Local Control Accountability Plan.
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!