Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
It’s that time of the year when I reach out to you on behalf of students who have very bright futures ahead. Your support provides the boost they need to achieve their dreams, and I’m grateful for your generous commitment to education. Please consider donating - Thank you!
During the weekend of March 9 and 10, POLAHS Debate competed in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Debate League tournament held at Cal State University, Los Angeles.
Including Vivian Ekchian, L.A. Unified School District interim Superintendent; José Cole-Gutiérrez, Director for the Charter Schools Division; and Dr. Richard Vladovic, Board Member for District 7.
Alejandro Barlow: 3rd place for Nature; Neftali Lopez: 2nd place for Sports; Alysa Sandel: 3rd place for Teen Life; Brenda Casteneda: Honorable Mention for Reflection; Arika Powell: 2nd place for People.
On Wednesday, February 7th, POLAHS dedicated Ms. Liverpool’s History and Government classroom to Townsend Public Affairs, Inc., the public advocacy and grant writing firm that has been supporting POLAHS with pro bono work since 2005.
POLAHS by the Numbers
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- 84 Faculty and Staff Members:Experienced and caring staff, and small class sizes!
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!