Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
Board of Trustees Board Agenda - March 13, 2019
Each year, 10-15 students receive full-tuition scholarships for trips to France; Australia; New Zealand; Scotland; Japan; New Orleans; and Colorado. **Click link above to learn about trip opportunities!**
Port of Los Angeles High School (POLAHS) was recently awarded a highly competitive California Coastal Commission “WHALE TAIL” grant, selected for its Sustainable Aquaculture program, alongside 23 organizations throughout the state.
Regina Rojas graduated from #POLAHS in 2010. She was a part of the Sailing team at Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club, and excelled in Logistics classes with Mr. DeSanto. “I was fascinated with the complexity and the problem-solving capabilities I would need to succeed in the maritime industry,” she says.
POLAHS graduate Dennis Constanza (‘16), is accomplishing great things in Washington D.C., where he attends George Washington University.
Congratulations to the two POLAHS students who graduated from the City of LA's CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) class last week!
Facts & Figures
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- POLAHS LCAPView the Local Control Accountability Plan.
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!