Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
October 2018 Board of Trustees and Board Committee Agendas
For three weeks in August, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe opens the doors, streets and alleyways of the entire city of Scotland, to an explosion of creative energy from around the globe.
Through the Johnson & Wales Culinary Arts and Baking "Career Exploration Program," four eager POLAHS students jumped into a world of mincing, dicing, frying, and sautéing.
Greetings from Rockport, Maine! My name is Jorge Grijalva and I am a senior at POLAHS. This July, I participated in the Wilderness Medical Associates' Wilderness First Responder Course, thanks to a very special POLAHS donor.
POLAHS alumnus Eric Walker (’18) experienced life as a National Geographic photographer in Japan this summer, thanks to a full-tuition scholarship he received from a private donor!
POLAHS students Melissa Andrade and Julia Gersch left San Pedro for the University of St. Andrews in Scotland this summer, prepared for a full immersion into Scottish culture, history, and politics.
POLAHS by the Numbers
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- 84 Faculty and Staff Members:Experienced and caring staff, and small class sizes!
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!