Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
October 9, 2019 Click to view
POLAHS alumnus Christopher Magana (’19) traveled to Tokyo, Japan this summer, after receiving a National Geographic Student Expedition scholarship.
Meet Tamara Echeverria, recipient of the POLAHS National Geographic Photography Expedition scholarship – an incredible 14 day program in Tanzania.
Through a buddy system, Jubilee Sailing Trust (JST) fulfills its mission by taking both disabled and able-bodied men and women to sea.
Normandy Academy is a 12 day educational journey that challenges high school students to learn from the choices made before and during the historic D-Day landings.
POLAHS seniors Kalan Hauser and Quitze Gastelum left San Pedro for the University of St. Andrews this summer, prepared for a full immersion into Scottish culture, history, and politics.
Facts & Figures
- 6 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, Welding, and Construction Technology.
- POLAHS LCAPView the Local Control Accountability Plan.
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!