Port of Los Angeles High School (Pola) Home
Eleventh grader Sarah McKenzie was recently selected for the prestigious Frances Hesselbein Student Leadership Program, amongst only 11 students nationwide.
Featuring: organic and non-GMO food vendors; green and cruelty free beauty; fair trade products; ocean pollution and climate change awareness; electric vehicles and energy efficiency booths; animal care; and cultural activities.
Congratulations to sophomore Melina Castillo who triumphed again, winning the Region Level of the Lions Club Student Speaker Contest.
Melina is another 250 dollars richer and has a chance to earn up to $4,500 at the next level.
It’s that time of the year when I reach out to you on behalf of students who have very bright futures ahead. Your support provides the boost they need to achieve their dreams, and I’m grateful for your generous commitment to education. Please consider donating - Thank you!
During the weekend of March 9 and 10, POLAHS Debate competed in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Debate League tournament held at Cal State University, Los Angeles.
Including Vivian Ekchian, L.A. Unified School District interim Superintendent; José Cole-Gutiérrez, Director for the Charter Schools Division; and Dr. Richard Vladovic, Board Member for District 7.
POLAHS by the Numbers
- 5 CTE Pathways:Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Video Production, Boat Operations, and Construction Technology.
- 84 Faculty and Staff Members:Experienced and caring staff, and small class sizes!
- 30 Student Clubs:Performing Arts, Computer Science, Surfing, Urban Agriculture, and Music Club, to name a few.
- 1 CA Gold Ribbon Schools Award:Rigorous academic standards, excellence and creativity in teaching, and a positive school climate.
- 97% Attendance Rate:POLAHS boasts an outstanding average daily attendance (ADA).
- 99% Graduation Rate:POLAHS students graduate high school and enroll in college!